DIY Collage Block Letter Gift



I'll get straight to the point. I'm poor and all I really have to my name is $15 and my crafty hands. Mother's Day is next Sunday, so I decided to make something sweet for my momma! DUN DUN DUN...

Actually, it turned out super cute and now I'm gunna show you how to do it!


B L O C K    L E T T E R    C O L L A G E

In attempts of being super fly and mod, I printed out my photos using CVSpharmacy.com's** photo center. I printed out five 4x7 collages features six separate pictures each. I had already edited the photos to my taste (set them to black and white).

**I actually did attempt to print them at home and they looked like total crap..

Here's a basic idea of what you need!


After you pick a nice shade of acrylic paint (I chose lavender), you will begin painting the edges of the letter (M for Mom!) and the back, if you want to.

Let it dry, and cut out all of your pictures while you're waiting. After they're cut, begin laying out your collage. It doesn't have to perfectly fit the sides of the letter, but every piece of the background of the letter should be covered! (That's the tricky part and this step takes a little while.)

NEXT, IT'S TIME TO MOD PODGE :)
Step 1: Mod Podge your pictures to the letter
Step 2: A nice, thick layer of Mod Podge over the top!


After you have mod podged it to your heart's content, and it's all dry, you can go ahead and trim the edges. I recommend using a super sharp blade. Once trimmed, go over the edges and the sides with mod podge again, and then let it dry.

TA DAA!



Hope this helps anyone looking for a nice gift for mom, dad, best friend, significant other, etc. (:




No comments:

Powered by Blogger.