Easy Peasy DIY Leather Purse Cleaner

In an effort of full disclosure, I made this little mixture to use on my real Bradley Mischka bag which was painfully stained and dried out (from me not taking care of it). This is a $500 very real, very expensive leather bag and it worked PERFECTLY. I'm sorry if the concoction does not give you the same results. If you want perfection, please just pay to have your bag cleaned by a professional. Otherwise, let me see if I can help you out...


I recently went out to a bar with my girls and attempted to dance around my purse in the center. Basically, I looked at it the next morning and it was RUINED. My bag is pretty dang old and it had been getting quite a few dirt marks, but now it was toast. Since I either could trash it, pay a professional, or try out myself, I thought I would google how to clean a leather purse without going out and buying fancy leather products.

I combined different DIYs I found into this little gem, which worked AMAZINGLY --

KB's Ghetto Leather Cleaner:

A tea cup of warm water
A squeeze of some gentle shampoo (think baby shampoo, or burts bees)
A squirt of some baby oil

Mix it all up with your finger and then dip the corner of a washcloth into the mixture. Dry off the corner so it's not dripping wet, just damp, and begin swirling the corner onto your entire bag and working the dirt off (starting at the bottom corner!).

This definitely discolored by bag at first, so I didn't just do the spots that were dirty, but I straight up cleaned my entire purse, panel by panel. I figure if it changes the color a smidge, why not just have the entire bag a little darker rather than one circle smack in the front of it.

I started at one corner and worked my way to the other. I never started in the center of the bag, but instead just moved from edge to edge.

Anyways, this worked great! I saw some DIYs that said to use olive oil (didn't work) or just water (didn't work), but this little mixture did the trick! My bag looks phenomenal and brand new!


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.