So You're Hosting a Baby Shower...

...or just a control-freak mom-to-be. 
(hey, no harm there, because that is EXACTLY what I would be if I was a mommy.)

KIMMY'S ULTIMATE BABY SHOWER GUIDE:
(Let's do this thing!)

Now I'm not going to walk you through step-by-step, because no one has time for that. Instead, I am going to give you some helpful ideas and information! Whoop, whoop!

Idea #1: Making a cute backdrop.

These curtain were actually dyed by my mom and hung to cover up a door to our cabana. We ended up hanging my homemade "Oh Baby"sign above it, which ended up making a fantastic backdrop for photos!

At the end of the shower, we had mama-to-be stand in front of the backdrop for photos with the guests, and her wonderful sister, of course (;



Idea #2: Guest Favors: Nail Polish & Lollipops.

The lollipops are from Party City in the Girl Baby Shower section (24 packs.) They came with their own "Thank You!" stickers and everything! I displayed them by putting some clear rocks in a small square vase and sticking them all in there (all 48 of them!)

The nail polish guest favor idea can be found on a previous post to this one of the blog..
www.kimberleaa.blogspot.com


Idea #3: A Onesie Decorating Station!

The guests loved this one. There were many onesies made reading "If you think I'm cute, you should see my aunt!" and "I love my daddy and mommy."

Just buy a five pack of onesies and a few paint pens from your local craft store!
(I don't recommend fabric markers though. Those things suck tremendously.)


Now we're getting to some decoration ideas. 

We bought a roll of light pink plastic table covering and a few fabric light pink table cloths. We also mixed some white dollar tree plastic table cloths in the mix too for the smaller tables.

The foo-foo balls that are hanging can be found at Party City in three packs and the centerpieces were all handmade!



I did the streamers in a triangle sort of way,
 A: because I ran out streamers and 
B: because it was a lot of freaking work and I don't recommend doing that.

All of the food was homemade by the grandmas-to-be.


Special table for presents...


Ahh, the cupcakes.

The cupcakes were made by Tiffane's Cupcakes in Downtown Livermore, California.
They turned out spectacular, but I definitely recommend getting cupcakes or a cake done by a professional. Splurge and that one (:


Don't forget to have someone writing down the gifts and who they're from for thank you notes!


One of my sister's gifts was a washcloth cake. 
Pretty freakin' adorable, I know.


Alright, hopefully the picture helped.

Some of the games we played:

Plastic Safety Pin Necklace Game - Wear your necklace, but don't say the word baby! If someone catches you, they get your necklace, and vice versa. The person with the most necklaces at the end wins a special prize!

Diaper Raffle - Ask you guests, on the invite, to bring x number of bags of diapers to the shower. How every many bags of diapers they bring, they get a raffle ticket. Choose a lucky winner at the end for a bigger prize!

My Water Broke! - Fill ice cubes in a tray with gummy bears. Insert a gummy bear ice cube into each guest's drink and instruct them that when the ice cube melts, the first person to yell "MY WATER BROKE!" wins the game!



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.