A Butcher, A Baker, An Apron Maker..

I don't like using patterns when I sew.

They honestly terrify me, with their tissue paper feel, their brown color, and all those damn dashed lines that make no sense what so ever. Then trying to fold them after they're all cut up and in shambles.. ahh!
It's the equivalent to buying an anxiety attack.

I'd much rather have some fabulous idea in my head, make some dumb mistakes along the way, and have a nice little creation with some actual character.

Anyways, I decided to make an apron.



I cut out a nice hexagon shape (because I wanted the bottom part to come to a point) and used my mothers old apron to give me an idea of the width and height, as well as a tape measure.

It cost a whopping grand total of around $8.00 and I am EXTREMELY satisfied.

I encourage all of you to try your hand at making something simple, like an apron.

Dynamics:
-I bought one yard of red, polka dot quilting fabric & an additional yard of ladybug quilting fabric.
-I also bought four buttons to hide my crappy stitching at the top corners, lol
-and some black thread (which I already had)

In order to get that seam, I first stitched it inside out on a sewing machine, then flipped it right side out and did another cute stitch all along the edges about 1/2" in from the edge.

The tie parts were a whole different ball game, so you guys are just going to have to do your best with those. (I recommend not stitching the hexagon edges all the way and inserting each tie into the apron part, then sewing over. That looks the best.) 
**JUST MAKE SURE THEY ARE LONG ENOUGH TO TIE IN THE BACK.



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.